I wish you all a very warm fraternal greeting from the East with the hope that this past week was a good one for you and yours. Hopefully this week will bring us some needed rain mixed in with some nice days. This week’s message will be brief as there was very little activity at the lodge.
News of note:
Brothers, as previously noted we need to devote further attention to the recently seeded area of the front lawn. We need to over seed the area as well as fertilize in order to ensure that we keep the area growing. WB Chris, who also handles all the mowing, and I did all the work when the lawn was first put down and I would very much appreciate it If some other brothers were willing to take on this project. This could be as easy as volunteering to water once or twice a week. It would also be great is someone volunteered to over seed and fertilize. Please let me know as soon as possible as we need to get this project scheduled.
Brothers, please continue to keep Brothers Brandt and Sheldon in your thoughts and prayers as they convalesce from recent health issues.
"Grant us brotherhood, not only for this day but for all our years - a brotherhood not of words but of acts and deeds." Stephen Vincent Benet
I feel like a broken record on this one but, our intent is to have all dues in house by the first of October, at which time we have to notify the Grand Lodge of all brothers who have not paid. Please let me know if there are circumstances that are keeping you from being current. You can readily pay using PayPal by clicking here. Please consider adding $5 to your PayPal payment as the lodge loses money as we have to pay for this service and convenience:
I have no plans on traveling this week as most of the lodges in and around our district have already met for the month. I do plan on hitting the road often in October and will be posting the dates in an upcoming message.
Please keep the upcoming dates in mind:
• October 1st – Moriah Table Lodge – contact me for details
• October 6th – 7:30 FC degree rehearsal – Chris M in the East
• October 13th – 7:30 FC degree rehearsal – Chris M in the East
• October 15th – 7:30 Stated Communication and FC degree
• October 22nd – Grand Lodge Semi-Annual
• October 29th – Annual Putnam #46 Halloween Table Lodge
• November 3rd – MM degree rehearsal
• November 10th – MM degree rehearsal
• November 12th – 5:30 Stated Communication and MM Degree. Light dinner at the break
• Please let me know of other events not currently on this list that you would like to add
Brothers, remember to do good to all men, be ye all of one mind, live in peace and may the God of peace dwell with and bless you and yours.
In friendship and brotherly love,