I wish you all a very warm fraternal greeting from the East with the hope that this past week was a good one for you and yours.
Brothers, it was a rather slow summer week at Putnam Lodge #46. On Thursday we had a chance to redo the perimeter fence in anticipation of the Woodstock Fair parking event. Barring any more violent weather events we should be fine from now until the fair is completed. The next few months will be busy ones as we have the Fair, EA rehearsals, a Quarterly with EA degree and Picnic, a Blue Lodge Council meeting, FC rehearsals, Stated Communication and FC degree, Grand Lodge semi-annual and our annual Table Lodge. In between all of that I plan on getting out on visitations as everyone will be coming back from refreshment. The brother Almoner informs me that Brother John Brandt has been hospitalized, so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I hope to have more details to share in the very near future.
“You may call for peace a loudly as you wish, but where there is no brotherhood there can in the end be no peace.“ Max Lerner
News of note:
The Woodstock Fair weekend is rapidly approaching and I thank the brothers who have already signed up for parking duty. I know that there are still plenty of shifts that need help, so please consider taking one or two if you can. Your help is not only greatly appreciated, but necessary to make this very important event successful. Please let me know if you are able to help out with at least one four hour shift and when and I will sign you up if you can’t make it to the lodge. The signup sheets are on the table in the lodge ante room and I look forward to seeing the sheets filled up. As in previous years we will be selling pulled pork sandwiches on Saturday and Sunday and I thank WB Ted and Brother Mike G for stepping up to handle the sales. Setup will commence on Wednesday evening and finish on Thursday prior to our EA rehearsal and I would welcome any assistance you can give.
A friendly reminder to those who have not paid their dues. Our intent is to have all dues in house by the first of October, at which time we have to notify the Grand Lodge of all brothers who have not paid. Please let me know if there are circumstances that are keeping you from being current. You can readily pay using PayPal by clicking here. Please consider adding $5 to your PayPal payment as the lodge loses money as we have to pay for this service and convenience:
With many lodges going at refreshment for July and August, I plan on very limited travel until September. If anyone has some ideas for visits I will gladly look into joining the fun.
Anyone interested in golf this week or in the coming weeks, let me know.
Please keep the upcoming dates in mind:
• August 31st – Fair prep
• September 1st – Fair prep (if needed) and EA degree rehearsal – Mike G in the East
• September 2-5 – Woodstock Fair Parking and Pulled Pork Sandwich Sale
• September 8th – EA degree rehearsal – Mike G in the East
• September 10th – Quarterly Stated Communication will be an EA degree and annual inspection. Family picnic will follow the Stated Communication at 1PM. Dress for the meeting is shorts and polos, all brothers participating in the degree should be dressed in suit and tie.
• October 6th – FC degree rehearsal – Chris M in the East
• October 13th – FC degree rehearsal – Chris M in the East
• October 15th – Stated Communication and FC degree
• October 22nd – Grand Lodge Semi-Annual
• October 29th – Annual Table Lodge
• November 3rd – MM degree rehearsal
• November 10th – MM degree rehearsal
• November 12th – 5:30 Stated Communication and MM Degree. Light dinner at break
• Please let me know of other events not currently on this list that you would like to add.
Brothers, remember to do good to all men, be ye all of one mind, live in peace and may the God of peace dwell with and bless you and yours.
In friendship and brotherly love,